Thursday, September 26, 2019

All the irons, so many fires!

Hey darlins!

Here's a quick update on me, just so you know where I'm coming from lately, writing-wise. I'm trying to make this word-thing work for me while I'm juggling grad school, my lovely but EXTREMELY ENERGETIC kidlet, and being a decent wife, mom, and person at the same time. So!



I just subbed a story I've been working on for four freaking years to PitchWars. If you don't know that name, don't worry about it, it's just something I'd really love to get into. Basically you query four mentors you'd like to work with with your first chapter and some other book info, and if they're interested in helping you try for an agent/publication, it's a BIG DEAL. It's also hugely popular and I have no clue how I stack up, but I'm trying to think about other things.

I'm writing a cracky little myth retelling for my master's work right now (yeah, it's an MFA, I'm doubling down) and that's fun, but hard to focus on.

I'm trying to get writing jobs on Upwork like nobody's business, and it's extremely hit-or-miss.

I'm trying to get hired to write serial fiction for an online subscription service, and trying to get a contract to write some short fiction for a company that wants tie-in stories for their tabletop games. Cool, right?

I'm trying to edit other people's work, probably for not enough money, but I need the experience and I love it so much.

I'm trying to write a chapter for my next coauthored book with L.A. Witt.

And I'm writing the current blog story. And trying to republish my backlist from Dreamspinner.

I'm busy as hell, but also super anxious about everything right now. I'm going to go workout this afternoon and see if I can beat some of the nerves out of myself. How are you guys? How's life?

No comments:

Post a Comment