Friday, March 13, 2020

Ready, Set, Pandemic.

Hey darlins,

This is an odd and unscheduled post, because life is changing rapidly right now and I don't think any of us know exactly how to respond, or what's going to happen in the coming days. Covid19 does have a presence in my state (it has a presence in all the fucking states, but Colorado is slightly better about testing than some others) and we're currently in an unprecedented state of emergency. I don't know what this is going to mean for us right now or in the near future, but for starters and just in case you're wondering--I'm fine, my kidlet is fine, my husband is fine. I have family coming back after two weeks in Europe today who will be self-isolating in their home, and more close family cutting plans to travel in order to increase their safety. My husband starts working from home next week, so there's that, too.

If you live in a place affected by this virus right now, my thoughts are with you. I'm not a praying woman, but I wish all the best for you and your loved ones, and hope you have the capacity to keep yourselves safe.

If you're American, please consider this as a wake-up call when it comes to the state of our union. Formal response to diagnosing, tracking, and curtailing this illness by our government has been offensively bad. A lack of paid sick leave for workers will only exacerbate it for everyone. Consider calling, emailing, texting etc. your political representatives to let them know how you feel about this, because how awful that it might take a life-changing event like this to make them see past their own self-interest. Yet, here we are. Please take every chance to be safe, and to keep your community safe. We're literally all in this together.

I plan to continue posting and business as usual online as best I can. I love you guys. Be well, darlins.

Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment