Sunday, July 28, 2013

Two Lovely Things:)

First thing: I saw The Wolverine last night.  And it didn't suck.  It was actually pretty good, which is more than I've been expecting lately from the mutant half of the Marvel movie franchises (sorry, but the last Wolverine movie was just. Not. Good.  But this one?


This one has Wolverine, who is as ripped and snarly as ever, as well as sword fighting, ninjas, samurai, gigantic Japanese mechs and a female sidekick who is quite possibly the most interesting person in the entire movie, with a power that makes me wish I had thought of it first.


Yes, I have a total girl crush on this character, and no shame about admitting it.  She's badass.  See the movie for her if not for Hugh Jackman, folks.


The other lovely thing is...I finished Cambion today!  The final episode of the serial story is finally in the hands of my editor and will be released next month, along with another bonus story and a speedpaint drawing done by the ever-lovely Nathie, who did the art for the cover.  You can read more here: Cambion Season One.


I have to admit, I will be glad to have this one behind me.  It's been a great story to write and I have plans for a second season, but I've also got Love Letters, a collaborative novella and a m/f sci fi romance novel to finish by October.  Yeah.  So.  Anyway, good times!

Happy Sunday, darlins:)

3 comments:

  1. So excited for the end of Cambion!!! Its been a GREAT read so far :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, darlin! Did you get the season pass? Because the speedpaint the artist did for season pass people to accompany the final episode is sooo hot. Yikes, like burning hot, except not burning because it takes place in a shower:) And there's an extra short story. Holy shit, it was a lot of writing.

      Delete
    2. Yes I did get the season pass! Now I can't wait to see this speedpaint!

      Delete