Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Soothsayer Ch. 9, Pt. 1

Notes: Well, I survived the wedding! The weather was gorgeous, just enough snow to make the mountains look scenic but not intimidating. My little sister was a beautiful bride. Because I'm ridiculously happy about it all, I'll post pictures later once guests are home and putting stuff I can pull from up on Facebook. And look, more Soothsayer! We're lightening the mood significantly. I hope you enjoy it, darlins;)


Title: Soothsayer Chapter 9, Part 1.

***

“The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.” – Martha Washington



                When I woke up, Sören was gone. My first instinct was to run out and check the parking lot, because if he’d abandoned me after the fiasco that was last night I didn’t know what I’d do. Die, probably, after a lot of melodramatic running and screaming. Nothing about that thought appealed, so I closed my eyes again, took a deep breath and ran my hand over the other half of the bed. Still warm. Okay, that was good, he hadn’t been gone long.


6 comments:

  1. Well crap! Cari, you could have at least given us 1 more sentence! I just wanted to hear Phin's response to Six Flags after he'd already called him an infant! Hahahaha!!!
    This story is So different! I really am enjoying it! Will Cillian ever get to talk to Soren-the real one? It might soothe him a bit if he knows Cillian is...working on it.
    Thank you Cari! Now I can go to bed happy, and be back at work in 4 hours...ugh.

    Scottie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had more lines there, Scottie, but I pushed them back because they felt unfinished. Whereas this also feels unfinished, but it's the first half of a chapter, I'll wrap things better next time. Glad you're enjoying it! It has turned out very different from other stuff I've written, which is fun. Back to work...oh baby, I'm sorry. Take it as easy as you're able.

      Delete
  2. Loving this story. It's so refreshing! The character of Soren/not Soren is so unique. This would make a great indy movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks geemeedee! I'm having more fun with it now, that's for sure. I like the way it's going. And wow, I WISH it was a movie, that would rock, but I'll take making it into a great book at this point.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Cari:
    I´m so glad that the wedding go well. Congratulations!
    Thanks for a new chapter of this story, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariag!

      I'm glad it went well too, that was the only thing I really wanted for Christmas this year ;)

      Thank you for reading! I'm so glad you're enjoying it.

      Delete