Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chez Moi

We went for a hike on a plateau close to our town the other day and all I could think was, "Dude, alien landcape or Middle Earth?"  Because yes, I am a geek.  Still, it's totally different from my home in the states and I thought I would share some of that difference for those who haven't been to this part of Africa.  Raise your hands!


We're careening out of Harmattan and into hot season right now, so give it a month and everything will look like this.  In some places there is still greenery, though.


No Pandora update yet, but the next part will be a long one.  I should have new releases coming out in February, I'm working on Shadows and Light, I'm experimenting with collaborating on a fic, I finally finished my NaNoWriMo story...um...think that's it.  Yeah.  'Bout all I've got going on in the fictional world right now. This is basically me just saying hi:)

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are great! The first picture brings to mind a phrase Buzz Aldrin used to describe the moon, "Magnificent desolation." Even barren and dry, there is a beauty to the landscape. Sorry to hear you're headed into a hot season. There is a family in my town that moved to TN from Ghana. When we asked them what the weather was like in their home country they said "Well, there's the hot season and the hotter season." I don't envy you. I'd take 5 feet of snow any day over scalding heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's either wet and hot or dry and hot, but it's always hot. My man is a cold weather creature and wants to crawl underground during the chaleur, poor baby:)

    ReplyDelete