Tuesday, May 26, 2020

New Blog Story Title: Rivalries!

Aaand that's pretty much all I can tell you so far, except that it's going to be a magical academy story. Yes, I am going full-on Hogwarts (no I'm not, there will not be houses and this won't be in Britain, just two rival schools in Somewheresville, USA that educate kids with magical abilities.) This will also not be a revamp of X-Men. I'm not making people immortal or invincible or biasing society against them in hideous ways--there's enough of that going on in the real world right now, thank you very much. This is a world just a hop, skip, and a jump away from ours where the people with notable paranormal abilities get educated in how to use them, either in a private school atmosphere or at a school funded by the government. Yes, that's the rivalry. Two schools.



Oh, and two teachers. Because this story isn't really about the students--I'm not rewriting The Academy either, much as I love it--why would I even try? ;) This story is about two teachers who were once students there, who disliked each other then, went on to have interesting lives, and eventually have to work together to make things happen for their students.



Not my normal fare, but not out of the question. Should be fun! I'll post the prologue next week, methinks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment