Saturday, August 4, 2012

Prepping For Awesome

Yes, the next part of Paradise is coming, and yes, there will be sex.  I love that you guys are digging on the next part of this series, and I think the time has come for another post fraught with warnings for my G-rated readers in the beginning, yeah?  I would have posted earlier (I assume) but I'm commuting to Denver this week to cover someone else's caseload in RL, and it sucks royally.  Free time = 0.  Next week will be equally lame but hopefully this weekend I can get something worthwhile done.

On a professional level, I'm looking for advice/assistance.  I was thinking about the mammoth piece of work that the Bonded/Pandora/Paradise universe is turning into, and I'd like to be able to put it all together into e-books for you guys that you could download and enjoy.  I'm talking multiple formats, decent cover art, and of course keeping it free, because this is all originally free work and I don't intend that to change.  Anyone with desktop publishing experience (I'm looking at you, Tree) who has advice on how to do this, it would be totally welcome right now.  I'm sure there are programs out there I can download that will let me make pdfs and other formats, but I'm trying to teach myself Paintshop Pro with limited success at the moment, and my ability with visual arts isn't as strong as my writing, not even close.  I can't afford to pay someone to do it for me at the moment, at least not much, but hopefully one of you can point me in the right direction.

I'd like to have e-copies, pretty and edited and artsy, done for you guys by Christmas.  Hopefully the process won't take nearly that long, but I figure it's a safe conservative estimate.  In the meantime, I'm going to get back to Paradise.  The next part is some Jonah POV.  Mmm...Jonah...

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for possible ebooks of Pandora!!

    Alas, I am no help in publishing of any sort :-( I hope someone comes to the rescue though, because the ebooks are a GREAT idea!

    Hope real life eases up for you soon! I'm on vacation this week and then next week its back to the hustle and bustle of a new school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I can't believe you're going back to school already...you mean the summer is almost over? really? Nooooooo...

      I'm sure I'll work something out with regards to ebooks. I'm glad the idea appeals!

      Delete
  2. I don't know if you want to go this route, but some of the craftsy podcasts I listen to have "Donate" buttons on their sites. If you can't find someone to volunteer their services, I'm sure there are readers who wouldn't mind putting some dollars towards a Bonded opus if it meant getting an awesome product in the end...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ely

      Wow, craftsy podcasts...see, there's so much I don't know about this darn industry. I'll think about it. I'm reluctant to take cash from others when I don't know that the end product is going to rock (although at least the writing will;) but it could be worth it to help me get someone competent on the hook.

      Delete