Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Snow. Who is prepared for this?

Actually, I'm probably the only Coloradan who isn't prepared for the snow that's falling, but c'mon people, it's the first one I've been exposed to in over two years where I was expected to do more than sit comfortably in front of a fire, basking in the amenities of a first world country.  The last 2 Christmases, I was in Germany visiting my folks in between Togo stretches.  This year, I'm back in Colorado, and we just got 8 inches overnight, and it's still falling.  Beautiful.  Novel, yes.  Cold as fuck, too.  And me?

Brilliant me is borrowing my husband's hat, going without gloves until I runs to a thrift store later and wearing a down vest over my only sweater, because I don't rock the preparedness scale today.  I'm like a two out of ten right now.  If my father were dead he'd be rolling over in his grave.  As it is, it's all to the good that he doesn't know this blog exists.

Anyway, I just randomly felt like sharing that while I sit in my car, with the heater blowing, trying to work up the will to brave the sloppy stretch of pavement between me and my place of work.  Vive le people who are little boy scouts in the winter.  Come and find me and let me partake of your wisdom, and maybe your snow tires.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, Colorado snow! I've lived here for 10 years and I am still amazed at the sheer insanity of its weather changes. Hope you didn't lose too many trees. I managed to sleep through a whole tree crashing right in front of my window last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! A friend of mine in Denver is taunting me with their snow! If we get 3 inches at a time in TN it causes mass hysteria...but I love it! Stay bundled up. Can't have you freezing to death in a snow bank...we'd never find out how Pandora ends!

    ReplyDelete