Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Soothsayer Ch. 5, Pt. 2

Notes: We're almost there! We've got breaking and entering, people, so get ready for the next post, because things are going to start to happen fast. In the meantime, enjoy Cillian in another suit.

**Bonus points if you recognize who Cillian is referring to down below :)


Title: Soothsayer, Chapter 5, Part 2.


***



“Since knowledge is but sorrow’s spy, It is not safe to know.” – William Davenant




Far be it from me to confess to a fault, but if I had to name one off the top of my head, it would be vanity. Used to be pride, or maybe arrogance, but you get kidnapped and tied up and threatened with death enough times and the arrogance bleeds out of your system. Literally, in some cases. So, while I might be confident in my abilities, I wasn’t arrogant.

Vanity, though…well, fuck it, I looked good. I had my mother’s eyes and nose, and her rail-thin build, but my naturally dark hair, the shape of my jaw and my decent height all came from my unnamed sperm donor. I might look like a tattooed punk, but I had put a lot of thought into my tattoos. Every one had a meaning, every one was a little slice of purpose inked into my skin.


6 comments:

  1. Cambion cameo!! Nice little crossover there,Cari!

    But....WHAT'S IN THE BEDROOM?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaand...zing! Bonus points for Tiffany! As for the bedroom, well...that's a surprise, baby! You gotta wait and see!

      Delete
  2. Oh hell no! You can't leave us there. I wanna know who's in the bedroom?

    I freakin' love the cameo. I hope he's living large too.

    Cillian comes off so smooth here, but I'll bet you're going to ruffle his feathers a bit, hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa, Cillian is about to get so ruffled, poor baby...and he's going to do a lot of ruffling himself, too. Andre in particular is going to get very frazzled.

      Cameo FTW!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... another twisty twist to mull over while I'm touring round Uluru for the next few days! :-) (Don't be jealous - it will be HOT with a capital H!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, right, no, no jealousy at all. *stares at map despondently, shakes fist at the sky*

      Have fun:)

      Delete