Friday, March 7, 2014

Missed Connections Anthology

Well, here's something I haven't done in a while: announced a story's acceptance in an anthology.  This one Missed Connections, courtesy of Less Than Three Press, and will technically be my second acceptance from them, although the first isn't published yet.  Here, have some details!



A fleeting glance across a crowded space. Trains passing by in the night. Second chances that weren’t supposed to happen. Old friends reunited. Sometimes rediscovering a person and having new feelings can be just as intense as an initial spark. Whatever the reason for not seeing them is gone, and these men and women are ready to make up for any time missed. LT3 is seeking stories about capturing a moment that was thought to be lost, about reaching out and grabbing hold before they’re gone forever, and always, always, about finding their happy ending.

***

My particular story is called Evergreen, and is less about a missed connection than about failure to launch.  Literally: my boys are astronauts in the space program of 2067, training for a one-way mission to Mars.  They meet, they fall in love, everything looks good and then--

Well, you'll have to read it to find out:)  I'll post an excerpt here once this bad boy is edited to within an inch of its life.  I'm very excited!  Yay!  Now if only I can bang out my Goodreads story, edits for Camellia and read and review a book for Review The Rainbow over the weekend, my life will be sparkles and magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment