Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Taking a day off because...

Because life, the universe and my kidlet have conspired against me, darlins.

I caught a minor cold over the weekend (shouldn't have made that joke last week about being sick, ah ha ha...ha). This isn't enough to keep me from writing, but the day I normally dedicate to Mutable/all blog stories (Sunday) was a festive, visiting-people kind of day, so no time. Fine, I'll get it done on Monday then.

Not if she has anything to say about it.

(Here we have my beloved reorganizing my bookshelf for the fifth time today...she has very strong opinions on the placement of graphic novels, and who am I to gainsay her?)

My baby girl, light of my life, my bees knees, my cats pajamas...she had a rough Sunday evening. And by "rough" I mean "we were up from 1:30 to 4:30." So Monday I was little more than a zombie with a stuffy nose and a case of the chills, and went to bed early. Now it's Tuesday, and I've got nothin' for ya. Nothing except this cute picture of my kid and a promise to get back on track next week (barring any more karmic justice).

I hope all of you have a great day and sleep amaaazingly well tonight.

*Update--the kiddo has caught my cold. We are not a joyful house this morning. We are crusty and snotty and trying to eat and breathe at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. I’m amused and sympathetic at the same time. Sympamused? Amupathetic? Hope you guys feel better. I’m surrounded by sniffy-coughy coworkers, so I grumblingly await a similar fate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sympamused again, because my baby has yet ANOTHER cold brought on by Thanksgiving togetherness. Ahh, that holiday magic...

      Delete