Saturday, June 2, 2012

A twisty Snow White

It's the freakin' weekend, baby!

My man and I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman last night.  Hmm...I would have to give it a mixed review.

The trailer looked awesome.  I mean, who doesn't want to see Charlize Theron having a milk bath?



As far as picturesque beauty went, this movie had it in spades.  Gorgeous people, gorgeous costumes, gorgeous special effects.  Decent acting, too.  But there were so many loose ends and so much forced emotionalism that I just couldn't lose myself to it.  Plus there were a few parts that just got under my skin, like the cavalry charge that should rightly have ended in slaughter because it was so poorly thought out, and the self-defense advice that was so nonsensical I giggled and got a dirty glare from the girl next to me.

I mean, I love fairy tales.  Case in point, I'm writing a freaky version of one myself (the next post is coming, darlins, hang in there) but this one just...uh...I just ended up feeling kind of "meh" about it.  I'd have enjoyed more of the heart eating, myself.  Nom nom nom...

Ah well.  In other news, Cinders Pt. 11 should be up by Monday, and I got an extra LiAW story prompt on goodreads (it was languishing, unloved for days, and I finally just had to nab it) and will tell you all more about it soon.  Also...my birthday is in two weeks, and I want to do something to celebrate it, because this is the big 3-0.  I'm untrustworthy after this.  I'm pondering right now, we'll see if I come up with anything:)

3 comments:

  1. *gentle nudge* Where is the next installment of Cinders we were promised??? We are all anxiously awaiting the reunion of Ash and Ty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aie, baby, it's actually done, I finished it 2 hours ago and now I have to sit on it and make sure what I wrote isn't total crap before I put it out there. Tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest. 3k words, so a little more substantial for you:)

      Delete
  2. Sorry, but Kristen Stewart can't act. She has one facial expression she uses for everything, and it generally looks as if she stepped in something nasty. Tell me how Snow White is supposed to be prettier than the queen who is played by Charlize Theron and looked stunning. Bad direction all the way around.

    ReplyDelete