Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Snippet Of Real Life...

Fictional life be damned, this is more interesting.  A friend from high school just let me know that my home state of Colorado is on fire.  Actually, my home town in Colorado and my home canyon within said town is on fire.  Fortunately the fire hasn't spread to my former home yet; unfortunately my friend's neighborhood hasn't been so lucky. 

Does this information suddenly render me ecstatic about being in Africa right now?  Not exactly...I woke up to the melodious sounds of roosters crowing, followed by children imitating the roosters, followed by several angry mothers (the family next door is polygamous) shouting at their kids.  School starts next week.  This is an excellent thing for everyone, I think.  The yovo song is really beginning to pall.

No comments:

Post a Comment