Saturday, December 15, 2012

Goodreads M/M Romance Awards

Hi guys!

This is the first in a series of small posts that all have to do with things I was hoping would happen at the same time, but didn't.  Stupid Literotica waiting queue.  Anyway!

Voting is finally open for the Goodreads M/M Romance Group's member choice awards.  I don't think you have to be a member to vote, but I could be wrong.  My novel Changing Worlds is nominated in two categories: Best World Created and Best Sci-Fi/Futuristic/Post Apocalyptic, and a short story of mine called Having A Ball is in the anthology Animal Magentism, which is a nominee in the same category.  I would love your support!  Here's the link: http://bit.ly/VG75k6

Let's see...I'm running a very easy contest on Monday for my new release that comes out that same day, so remember to visit me then.  And more Paradise is coming, so look for that soon as well.  And...jeez, didn't I say this would be a small post?  Woman, rein yourself in!

Happy Saturday:)


And oh, PS-what did I go and see this morning?

 
 
And it was awesome!  Very visually exciting, funny in places, and with more detail than I'd expected, although since there are going to be 3 movies I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  Anyway.  So good.  A lovely way to spend 3 hours of my life.  I can't say that about all the movies I go to see.


6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm on my way over to vote now!

    I went to see The Hobbit this a.m. too! My husband (who told me weeks ago he didn't want to go see it) surprised me with tickets to a morning showing just as I was prepared to pout all weekend about having no one to go with me! He's such a tease. He laughed when he saw me skipping like a giddy fan-girl into the theater. What can I say? I was excited!! Really a good movie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, nice husband! I didn't even give mine the choice. We woke up and I said, "Guess what we're doing today at 11am!"
      "Um..."
      "Seeing the Hobbit! C'mon, go get your pants on!"

      Delete
  2. I took my kids to see The Hobbit on Thursday night at the midnight showing. My girls love doing this even though we're all exhausted the next day AND I make them go to school. I thought the movie was very well done and true to the book. It's too bad we have to wait so long for the next two parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are the best mom! I know some people say the movie was overdone, but I happen to like gratuitous fight scenes:) And I agree about the wait. It's just painful. *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Voted! ;)
    My friends are at The Hobbit as we speak...er, well, as I comment. Lol! I hate theaters, so i probably won't see it until some friend of mine downloads it. I just hate the uncomfortable seats (I'm a big guy), and I despise crowds (from working in bars and clubs for too many years). Someday...{sigh}
    Scottie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scottie

      Thank you! Hmm, yeah, if you dislike crowds then this isn't the movie for you yet. Maybe wait a few weeks or bypass it until it's more available. I usually hate going to big pictures on opening weekend because I don't get to have buffer seats between me and someone else, but for this one I just couldn't wait:)

      Delete