Friday, November 9, 2012

Last Day, Plus Extra Me!

Hey darlins!

Today is the last day to bid on a story for the Hurricane Sandy Relief Auction over on Piper Vaughn and MJ O'Shea's Babes In Boyland blog.  There are a lot of fabulous authors participating in this, including several of my personal faves (SL Armstrong and K Piet, Megan Derr, Piper Vaughn) and there's a lot of variety to be had when it comes to the kind of story you'll get from each of us.  Some writers are more open to heavier kinks and BDSM, some are willing to play around in established worlds (myself included--ask for anything tangentially related to something I've already written and I'm game) and most importantly, you're donating to the charity of your choice for an excellent cause.  A lot of people are going with the Red Cross, but feel free to branch out. 

Anyway, you know you all are my sweet baboos, and I don't want someone who really wants this opportunity to be left out just because the price gets a little too steep for them.  With that in mind, if someone who reads my blog decides to make a donation of $25 or more to the cause, I'll write you a story following the same guidelines that are up on the site (see the above link), of between 1-4k words, accepting up to 5 stories, with the offer closed by 7pm CST today (possibly extended over the weekend, we'll see).  If you're interested in doing this, leave a comment on this post and I'll count you in.  I won't start on your story until I get proof of donation, and it may take me a while to get it done given that I'm NaNoing right now (the timeline on the original offer was within 90 days, and I think that's doable).  I will absolutely get yours done, however.  You know I'm good for it:)

Remember, only the first 5 commenters get to request a fic!  Of course, you can always comment just to say hi and that's fine too:)  And if there are fewer than 5, well, less work for me I suppose.  Below is a complete list of the participating authors in the original auction.  There aren't working links (sooo much time to set up, guh) but you can find each one by following the link to Babes In Boyland at the top of the post.


Participating Authors


Piper Vaughn

Xara X. Xanakas
Megan Derr
Zach Sweets
Cari Z
Sasha L Miller
Terry Milien
K-Lee Klein
Julian Griffith
Lor Rose
MJ Willow
Vicktor Alexander
Laylah Hunter
Blaine D. Arden
Evie Kiels
Cherie Noel
Julia Alaric
S.L. Armstrong & K. Piet
Emily Moreton

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great thing you all are doing. I've already donated and can't afford the auction, but you people rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hon!

      Yeah, I'm not exactly flush with cash either and can't afford to bid on the stories I would want, but I'm happy I'm able to contribute this way. it was a great idea of Piper's.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cari,

    Yay! I'll make a donation fo $125, which matches my bid on the other site that got outbidded by S.L.. No problem about when you get it done, since you're so very busy.

    strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigod I was hoping you would contact me! Awesome! I can't wait to write for you.

      Delete