Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Um...Seriously?

Hi there!

So, thanks to my conscientious readerwife I will definitely be posting the next part of Pandora before Friday, but this post isn't really about that.  This is a Real Life mini-rant, solely cathartic for myself since I know the person I'm mad at will never, ever read this blog.  I'm gonna give it a go anyway.

*ahem*

To the thieving douchebag who stole our 4-Runner's catalytic converter:

Are you fucking serious?  Do you not have anything better to do with your life than crouch beneath our twenty-two year old Toyota in the wee hours of the night, lying on your back in the darkness on cold and ice and trying to be sneaky while you hacksaw through the part of the car that keeps us from sounding like a motorcycle gang on the road?  Is the incredible after-market price of $40-150 really so enticing that you would go to that trouble and stick us with a huge bill right before Christmas?  Also, do you believe in karma?  Because I tend to lean that way, and given the way your life seems to be going I'm going to bet that eventually you're going to get pneumonia from lying on the cold cold ground, or cut yourself with your damn hacksaw and get sepsis or lockjaw, or get into a car accident and end up with me for a PT, at which point I will "accidentally" kick your crutches out from underneath you. You suck.

Sincerely, me.

I had no idea people even went after that kind of thing.  Stereos maybe, in a big city, but we live in Boulder!  Granola-friendly college town.  WTF?  Anyway, done now!  I'm going to go write about something I like instead.

1 comment:

  1. What a dick! The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. A few years ago we had a rash of catalytic thefts in my area but now the big thing is going onto rarely used properties (mostly churches) and stealing the copper out of their heating and cooling units. Also, there was one genius who tried to cut down copper wiring from a LIVE electrical pole. Knocked out power to an entire neighborhood and, unfortunately for him, he didn't get away with it....he was a fried little spot on the ground when they found him. People who steal suck! I hope your holiday isn't ruined :-(

    ReplyDelete